In today’s hustle and bustle society, a lot of us cut back on sleep to save time. Who needs to sleep, right?
There are so many other things that you could be doing instead of sleeping!
I mean writing a new blog post, posting ads, cleaning up your house…the list goes on and on, right? In fact, the list never ends because there is always something to do.
People who say they can get by on three or four hours of sleep a night, night after night, are probably not functioning their best at work or living a healthy lifestyle.
They may even be shortening their lives.
To see if you’re getting enough rest, answer these questions:
- Do you have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, waking up on time, or feeling refreshed after sleeping?
- Do you have at least one of the following problems?
- Low energy
- Attention, concentration, or memory problems
- Poor work performance
- Daytime sleepiness
- Making errors at work or while driving
- Frustration or worry about your sleep
Researchers found that people who regularly sleep less than six hours a night or more than nine hours a night do not live as long as those who get closer to eight hours of solid rest on most nights.
8 Ways To Get A Good Night’s Rest
- Avoid Stimulants
- Decrease Your Alcohol Intake
- Keep a Regular Schedule
- Get Physical
- The Golden Hour
- Stay Cool
- Don’t Overindulge
- Relax. Relate. Release.
Press Play to listen to each step in greater detail:
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to leave a comment below!